The plan is to work on it for the next few months, hopefully with one to two "chapters" per week, to post them in this blog as soon as I accomplish one(1), and to make a compilation out of them by the time Papa retires in November . Imagine The General's Daughter(2) meets the social media age sans murder and mystery plus(3) family dramedy(4) sans my typical dramatic drivel because this isn't really about me. Just ~kinda~ about me.
I'm calling this (hopeful) series "BRAT" as homage to our growing up as military brats.
Writing begins this weekend because I have a work deadline in a few hours. My head is rapidly being filled with ideas and I'm just hoping I can hang on until the weekend.
In other news, Yaya's second death anniversary is tomorrow. I miss her dearly, but I keep soldiering on(5).
P.S. I had to make a footnotes section, otherwise I would have filled this post with all these side comments contained in parentheses:
- #PostForAccountability because the only other alternative would be to tell my mother about this project before I have something to show for it.
- Nelson Demille was brilliant in that novel. Hail Demille!
- I tried to look for the old English antonym of "sans" but all I got from the internet was that "com" is the Latin opposite of "sine", the root word of sans. Ah, well, you learn something new everyday.
- Family drama comedy. It gets juicy sometimes, I swear.
- Soldiering on. Military brat. Get it? Please laugh. Thanks.