18 April 2012

The Reason Why

So...


A month after college, a few days before graduation, and I have a new blog. Do I have time for this? No. So... why?


Here's a silly question: would you rather be lonely or alone? To most people, I guess there really isn't much difference, but there is for me. Personally, I savor the feeling of being alone. Not that I hate company, but sometimes being around too many people overwhelms me. I'm usually in my element either when I'm in the water, alone in my own bedroom (which I no longer have) or in a private corner of a cafe. Not that I can't deal with crowds, I love dressing up, partying and dancing the night away. But awkward conversations and forced interactions are truly not my thing.


But I digress. What I'm simply trying to say is, I enjoy being alone, but loneliness is another matter. And at this point in my life, loneliness has become a constant companion. It's come to the point that I can no longer explain to my friends or folks what it is I'm feeling, because I don't think they would even understand.


In a nutshell, I made this blog because I needed someone to talk to and something to keep me sane. So help me, internet.