14 June 2012

Moving On from those Dark, Bitter, Glorious Days

So I had a migraine for three days.

More than anything, this brings me back to the old days. When I was in high school and migraines, acid reflux and the latest movies defined much of my life.

Back then, I really could not imagine being in the state I am in now, in the process of reviewing (albeit not as productive as I should probably be) for an exam that may or may not define the rest of my life. Really, when I was in high school looking forward to the next half decade or so of my life, I only had two very polar scenarios in mind -- either (a) I'd take Journalism or Social Work as a pre-law course and by now be in my second year of law school, or (b) I'd finally go too far with hurting myself and end up dead.

Oh, those dark, bitter, glorious days.

Truth is, no matter how you look at it, I'm in the best situation I could possibly be at this point in my life.

In other news, my friends and I were able to book super cheap seats on a round trip flight to and from Malaysia, from where we plan to go into Singapore.

So here's a smile at the past that I will always remember fondly, no matter what. Here's a nod for the present, that I'm dealing with as capably as I could. Finally, here's a come-hither look to the future, I can't wait to meet you.